Thursday, March 4, 2010

German bakery

Hello...actually hit upon the idea of turning the time spent on my faithful bike into some thinking time...first thoughts...the cowardly german bakery blast and the subsequent reports in the dailies!

So i went back to one of my favourite childhood author - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Now it does seem that the blast was the handiwork of some paki terror outfit...namely Let, Jud and what not. What would be sadder is the fact that it could be someone from India...someone who is prepared to go out and spread the message of evil in the name of Islam, which I have grown up seeing from close quarters as most of my classmates were muslims and believe me you, this is definitely not what Islam is.

So putting 2 plus 2 and some knowledge from Sir Doyle, the conclusion that I came to is that this is definitely the handiwork of some internal elements. Mainly because, there were 2 big issues raging at that time - SRK & Valentine's day. It is really difficult to believe that an act of terrorism could be planned in such a short time even if the so called terrorists were wanting to take advantage of the fact that our police personnel were busy elsewhere and the nations attention was diverted to debating over something much trivial.

My first reaction on hearing about this incident was a deep sense of insecurity. Something that i felt back in mumbai on 26/11. 2 colleagues and myself were at a bar in worli celebrating the delivery of a new bike to one of my colleagues when we saw this news. Since our session started at 7 pm, we were too drunk to react anyway to the news. Some sane voice in my head told me that it was best to leave and go home immediately.


It was only the next morning that i realised the enormity of the attack and etched very deeply in memory and will always be, is the image of a smiling Kasab that was caught by the CCTVs as he prepared to shower his bullets into another set of innocent people.

Pune's blast however, I must say was to a large extent, an act done by taking advantage of pune's relaxed attitude. Here traffic rules are a joke, nakabandis...well the less said the better...
here is where people expect to be protected, to be fed, to be noticed. Well thats not going to happen...so till then Pune...stay alert... its your life...take it ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment